Saturday, May 24, 2008

Our trip to the Dakota's



We loved Mt. Rushmore! It is such beautiful country over there. There were a lot of wildlife around us and everything was green and beautiful! Jaden was dying to climb up the faces and find the city of treasure just like in the movie 'National Treasure 2'! I didn't have the heart to tell him it didn't exist.....
 

Above is a picture of the traveling gang. From left to right: Randall, Trisha, Hannah, Lindsey, Dad Brown, Lisa, Jaden, Matt, Maddie, Mom Brown, Kimmie and Deb. We are standing in front of Lake Pactola....somewhere in South Dakota. It is the prettiest lake I've ever seen with lush green foliage everywhere! Obviously my camera was on self-timer and I haven't cropped the pic yet....that's why we are crooked.

 
On the way home, we stopped in Wyoming to see Independence Rock and Martin's Cove. Unfortunately we didn't have time to hike up to the Cove but we did get to tour the visitor's center where the kids got to try their hand and pulling handcarts. It was a very spiritual place and there was a lot to read about what many pioneers went through to try and make it to the Salt Lake Valley. Thanks ancestors!!!




14 comments:

Allie said...

Cool Deb! I am glad you have fun!

Ruuddudes said...

What fun! I wondered why you guys were heading up there! Glad you got to see all that great stuff. We miss you. Take the next road trip this way. Our lake is beautiful, too! (With a lot less green "foliage"... :)

Traci said...

South Dakota is a fun place. My hubby and I drove through there on our way from Pennsylvania to Utah. Loved Sturgis and Mt Rushmore!!! Missed out on Flinstoneland though!!!

Doney Days said...

Looks like fun! I'm so jealous you got to see Mt. Rushmore. So what you're saying is that National Treasure is fake? :) All my hopes and dreams are lost now! Love ya!

erika said...

I love traveling ,Maybe someday will go there.Cameron keep talking all week about you beeing there.Looks like you had a good time!Hey if you go see guppy let me know!Hey lets get together soon.I will have to tell you later about the new car!

Kris and Kelli said...

Wow, it seems like everyone is traveling but me. Cool pics and I must say Mt. Rushmore is a place to visit before you die. I need to take my hubby and baby becuase they've never been.

Tracy Beckett said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures--love them! I think the mountains by south Dakota are GORGEOUS! And I love Mt. Rushmore. And I think Martin's Cove is truly a special and incredible place. Wow, time for vacation...!!

Camille said...

O how fun! I have always wanted to go to Mt. Rushmore! Looks like a very fun vaca!

Kartchner Family Fun! said...

Love the biker pic. you always wanted to be the biker chic... Oh sweetie I love you so much and miss your sexy butt!

val said...

What? Mt. Rushmore is real? :) I can't fathom it! You were made to be a biker chick, except then your big lushious hair gets squished.. Looks like a fun trip and I'm so glad you got to go!

{Quellie} said...

What a fun trip! Glad you had a good time...

Briana said...

That looked like a fun trip! It is cool how you got to go to so many places there!

Kitty said...

That sounds like the funnist trip ever!

Unknown said...

IT WAS A BLAST

Sign me!