Saturday, June 14, 2008

Girls night out...on Friday the 13th. Bravery!

Below is a picture of Amber and Maddie trying on some knee-lenth Converses. We didn't buy them because they were a little pricey but it was fun to check them out anyway. I think they raised the prices on account of the holiday (Friday the 13th...........oooooooh!)



We went to a store that specialized in Prom dresses. The ladies at the desk were very ornery with us. It was fun trying on dresses though, until the hags informed us that they were closing up shop and we needed to leave. They didn't even bother ASKING nice!
It must be Friday the 13th or something!


We found this sign which is appropriate for Amber because she turns 16 in four days!
Well, after the mall, we stopped by the airport and watched the planes come in. We went behind some secured gate that we didn't know if we were supposed to go in or not. We were feeling brave because of the holiday and all.....so we decided to trespass. There's no way to appropriately explain to someone how invigorating it is to be so close to the planes as they are coming in for their landing. You are seriously just yards below them! The sound is so loud too! Anyway, it got dark fast so we decided to leave. That's when I became superstitous because all of the sudden, we found ourselves locked INSIDE the security barbed wire fences at the airport! Yikes! But luckily Amber had her phone on her (I left mine in the car...blast the bad luck!) and we called airport security and they unlocked it for us. Fright!

20 comments:

Karmen said...

Oh, it was Friday, the 13th?! It's a good thing I didn't realize that or I would have stayed home paranoid that something would happen!

You are quite the rebel passing through security undetected! Zoicks! Good thing you weren't locked in! Hey, remember when Tim and I were almost locked in a furniture store across from The Shed?! Freaky! Glad you made it out...actually, I'd like to imagine what you would've done had you no way out! (cry, pee your pants, cry some more...)

Kris and Kelli said...

Deb, you rebel. It sounds like you had a fun night. Many it's been a while since I've done anything like that. I'm always working or being a mom or wife, or something else. I guess I have different kinds of fun times with my little one.

Kally said...

Debbie, I love it, you are awesome, I could see you guys getting locked in some place, like karmen said peeing your pants. How fun for Matt to go out with the boys, and you got to have fun with the girls. I want to go. :) You girls were way cute in all your dresses also!

erika said...

I love girls night out.In our ward we have it once a month.I need it by then.Like they say:Girls just wanna have fun!You go Girl!

Traci said...

I love the last pic of you 3! Sounded like quite a fun and adventurous night out for sure!! I love GNO's too!

Brielle said...

That was a freaky Friday for sure! And so funny!

Brooklyn said...

We threw a surprise party for Kenna & everyone thought that something was going to happen!! But nothing did! Luv ya!

Ruuddudes said...

Ha ha! Brielle was telling me you got locked out of the airport! I thought she misunderstood...

YOu guys are too cute. Where was baby Aiden? He wasn't up to trying on formals or getting in trouble with security? Good baby!

val said...

What a fun and funny day! It is always an adventure when you are around, Deb! I probably would've cried and been scared to be locked in an airport! But I've never been there, so take me next time!!! (before closing time, preferably!)

Kitty said...

Now that sounds like fun! those were such pretty prom dresses on Amber and Maddie!

Allie said...

Were the airport people mad at uyou for trespassing when you called them?

Doney Days said...

That is so you! I would have been freakin' out, afraid of getting caught, like when we did the pumpkin thing on top of Kim's van in December. PMP!!!! I'm such a scaredy~CAT! I LOVE YA!

Unknown said...

NO Allie they were not Mad!!!!! YAY

Tiff George said...

Ha ha... you make me pee! What a fun night you guys had, and I'm glad that nothing TOO bad happened to you guys! By the way...LOVE your new blog background, and LOVE the music!

Camille said...

You brave little dare devils! Sounds like fun! Good thing you didn't have to sleep over at the airport :) Deb it sounds like I need to come hang out with you to spice up my life a bit!

Kartchner Family Fun! said...

how fun!! looks like you enjoy them. I love you

Summer said...

good times! Ty and I went to watch the planes land when we were dating and it was so much fun. (although that was before the 9-11 days, and there was less security, so we didn't have any problems)
girls days are so much fun--even friday the 13th ones :)

Katrina said...

I didn't realize you were such a rebel! I'm glad you were not locked in all night long.

The girls in their dresses are so pretty! I'm glad you were able to have such fun.

Kris said...

You trouble makers! I used to go watch the plans land all the time with an old fling of mine. I loved it. I love airports and think it's so exciting watching planes land and take off.

Sondra said...

Oh man! You three are totally brave! How scarey and funny! I like the tall tennies. Love you!

Sign me!