Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Years in St. George

We headed down to St. George again this year for New Years. As you can see from these photo's, the weather was fantastic! We went to this new innovative park that had all sorts of futuristic toys to play on. There wasn't one thing there that you'd see at a regular playground. Below is Jaden with his cousins, Brielle, Karissa and Emily.

Brooklyn and Maddie are playing around on this flying thing that pivoted with how much weight you put on it. It was lot's of fun but very difficult to maneuver...
We had Val's church building reserved for some of the time since there was quite a few of us down for New Years. Tracy's family, Guppy's family and mine all went down. Combine that with the Southern locals (Joel, Val and the parents)...we had a large crew. Below is Jaden.....some of his girly cousins got a hold of him and went wild with a new straightener someone got for Christmas.
 
The siblings...... Joel, Valerie, Guppy and Deb. Tracy's family left a day early and didn't get to see this cool park. Bummer!


More church games. Here is Val and Guppy going up against in other in "GUTS".


More guts. Yes, they got me to play...even in heels!



Maddie, Allie Beckett, Kenna Ruud and Brooklyn Ruud.



This was one of my favorite things while we were down there! Papa made his famous french fries. He would make these while we were growing up and they were the absolute BEST!!! I can still taste them now....





This is me and Kally.....probably being all giddy and excited to go and see the movie Twilight! (Yes, again).



Well folks, here is it. My baldness. My friend pointed out to me that I hadn't really chopped off my hair since the 6th grade. Holy cow, has it really been that long?! Here's a short story as to why I haven't chopped it since then: When I was in 6th grade, one of my friends gave me their head lice! (I know, gag me omedeus.) My mom had a VERY hard time trying to get all the eggs out of my hair (go ahead, dry heave here....I am) because my hair was so thick. So she cut it off. And I mean she WHACKED it! I was my brother Ben's twin....exactly. I promise, I was Ben's clone. Not that that is bad, it's just that I was at a critical important time in my life when everything mattered and I had crushes on every boy in the 6th grade....but I was suddenly one of them. Tumultuous, I know.



 

12 comments:

Steph said...

Ha ha to Jaden! (I would've gotten him too if I were one of the girls with a new straightener)

Deb, I like your hair!

The Walch Family said...

Sounds like you had a good time in Sunny St George. Good for you ! I need a vacation I think... !

erika said...

Looks like a good way to start a new year!
I love the new hair-do.
The only time I cut my hair was when I went to see you in Orlando?Do you remember that? It was short..

Brett and Marianne said...

We were down there too, and I was hpoing to see all you guys....but we all started throwing up...just didn't want to share the goodness! Looks like you had fun, though!

Kally said...

Hey Debbie we had so much fun with you guys here, we loved it and our kids just love you guys! Its a tradition along with Twilight! :) We love you!

The Joseph and Crystal Albrecht Family said...

I love the hair! You look beautiful no matter how your hair is styled!

Camille said...

Deb, love your hair! Well it has been a week since I started the twilight series... I just finished book 3 last night! Crap I read them too fast and now it's almost over :( But you are right, book two was hideous. I also hear the same about book 4? Is it as bad as everyone says? I'm with you... EDWARD all the way baby! My mom is all about Jacob, yuck!

Allie said...

Ah man I wish we could of gone to the park when we were there! That picture of all the girl cousins is cute... EXCEPT FOR ME! Yikes! Double chin, tongue sticking out, AHHH! Well that is ok I guess.

val said...

Deb, you are the bestest! We were so glad you all came to liven up our New Years. And you looked so FANTASTIC playing basketball in your heels and stylin' clothes. I don't even look that good when I'm trying to dress up.. And you rocked at b-ball too.. which by the way, I can tell in that pic of me that I did not make that shot.. I'm sure Gup beat me again, dang it! And your hair is sooooo cute and beautiful, and I'm so sorry about that tramatic hair experience.. I remember that too. Remember when I chopped my hair off when I bought Gewer, and it was on purpose, and I looked like a boy too.. not as cute as you and Ben though! Miss ya too much!

Karmen said...

I MUST get to St. George soon! That park looks fabulous and the weather...oh, the weather! I need it! Why do so many people have to live there?!
Come to Idaho and fix my hair like yours. Thanks!

Ruuddudes said...

WONDERFUL to ALL OF IT! And you forgot to mention how our cute little mama loved the Twilight movie (I think she was gonna start reading them now~)and how she wouldn't share her popcorn!!)

Kitty said...

That was waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fun! I loved your hair! I wish you guys were still here!

Sign me!