Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House

For youth conference this year, we got to take the Young Men and Young Women to the open house of the newest temple. We are on the wrong side of the temple for this picture but about a week or so earlier, Moroni was struck by lightning and had a black trumpet! It was fun to be able to get to walk through this with Maddie and answer a few questions. She is always amazed at how beautiful the inside of the Temple's are. If you look up at the picture above once more, you will see a cloudless sky. You must keep in mind here that every single day for weeks, it's been pouring rain here. But it stopped long enough to enjoy our visit to the temple!


9 comments:

Sondra said...

Hello you two beautiful girls! I didn't know that the angel was struck by lightning! Neat that you were able to go! I wonder if our youth are doing that soon. Tiff and Cody are going to the Manti pageant tomorrow night for combined ym's and yw's.

Traci said...

great pix! i bet it was a very neat experience too!

Tracy Collings said...

What a neat experience.

The Walch Family said...

I wish that I could have gone then but we have tickets for a Saturday in June. I can't wait to go. I think this will be one of my new favorite temples to attend!

Karmen said...

We heard about poor angel Moroni! He's a toughie though! Are you in Young Women's now or did you just go and have "Special Time" with Mads?

erika said...

I can't wait to go when we come up .
My kids love going thru the Draper one.
What great memories!

Kally said...

I never heard about that either. How cute and good for you guys to go and experience that together.

k8shoe said...

We still need to go to the open house...we were driving around Daybreak yesterday so we got to at least see the outside. It's beautiful up on the hill!

val said...

So it's true, Moroni did get struck by lightning! I thought Kory was lying to me, I didn't think that could really happen! Anyway, beautiful girls you are in front of that beautiful temple!!! So glad you two got to go together~

Sign me!