Friday, March 27, 2009

Nose Surgery :(

Well as many of you know, Maddie got hit in the nose with a big rock while she was out four wheeling and it broke her nose! This is a shot of her after we got back from night time instacare. They cleaned her up very well! Before this picture was taken, she was covered in blood. Yucky. Anyway, the rock hit her so hard it actually took out a chunk of skin. It was so deep! They ended up gluing her together....
Not that you can actually see the x-ray but you can pick out her braces that showed up!!! And then the culprit.....the rock! This was the rock found on the four wheeler still. It even has blood on it!
And here she is all smiles getting ready to go in for surgery! Notice the smile on the face now...it won't be there in a few more pictures....


Still smiling but that's just because the I.V. didn't hurt as much as she thought it might.


NO SMILE. This is post-surgery and Maddie is just coming out of her delirious/groggy state. Poor thing!!!! Anyway, she gets to wear her nice nose brace for a week but we get to take the gauze off in a while, thank goodness...

And finally, here she is being wheeled out to where I had the car waiting. All she wanted was a milkshake and a pillow afterwards!







18 comments:

Doney Days said...

Oh, the poor thing!!! She looks miserable!!!! Get well soon Maddie! Quick posting, Deb, I'm impressed! Love ya!

Tiff George said...

Holy cow - I had no idea this happened! Maddie is such a toughie, though...she'll heal up quickly. Wish I lived closer - I'd bring her a milkshake everyday while she's healing!

Kris said...

Oh, poor girl! I totally feel for her, I had surgery last weekend and had to be put under too. That rock is huge, glad it didn't do any more damage to her cute face.

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear Maddie, your poor nose. It will heal quickly though. Lucas and Dakota think you're pretty tough. Dakota says "way to get hit by a rock." Also, that lady looks familiar that is wheeling you out. Too cool that my mom got to take care of you. Love ya lots - ND Browns

Sondra said...

Oh! The poor pretty little sweetheart! She is still lovely!

Katrina said...

The poor girl. You always hate to see your kids hurt. I'm glad the surgery went well. You'll have to post pictures when she is all healed up.

erika said...

Hope she feels better soon.

Allie said...

Oh my gosh! MADDIELINE! Well I have to say I think you are the toughest chick alive to go into a surgery with a smile on your face!! I have to say, you look way cute with a hospital hat on!! Well I love you and I am sorry that I was a sleep when you came for your piano today! I will have to see you later today...

Unknown said...

Allie you are fine! Well I was excited to go and get gas. That is ALL I was excited for. Other than that I wasn't excited. But I have to admit I liked the I don't care medican That was awesome!
Love you,
Love Maddie
P.S. I am happy my mom was there she took care of me well!

Deborah Allen said...

OMG! Maddie! Glad to hear you are okay. Will you be getting back on that 4-wheeler very soon? Good thing you had Deb there to take care of you--she's the best!

Deborah Allen said...

P.S. Nice carnage on your shirt. You should frame it for nostalgia!

The Walch Family said...

Glad that you are okay Miss Maddie. We hope that it heals up soon. Love you !
Colleen

Traci said...

bummer! hope she is feeling better soon!

Farm Girl said...

maddie, you are such a tough lil' woman. when you're up to it, we'll have to go for another 4-wheeler ride,(but not where someone is throwing rocks) something fun, like a pic nic or afternoon hike.
love ya bunches!!!

Jolene Mulford said...

That explains the nice sunglasses she wore at young womens the other night!!!

Briana said...

MAADDIE!!!! you are sooo brave! I would have been freaking out! Glad everything is ok! Love ya!

Havelah said...

How sad! I am glad that you are on your way to healing up! You really are a toughie...we love you! Sorry that you had to get surgery!

val said...

What an adventure! I hope you are feeling better, Maddi-lu! Maybe I should go on a rough 4-wheeler-rock-spittin'-ride so I have an excuse for a nose surgery!!! You are babe-a-licious! Don't know why I got so -dash- happy in this post....

Sign me!